Have you sent a text message to the wrong person that you wish you could take back? Can I get that text message back somehow?
When you send a message but later learn it was not intended to be sent. You might ask yourself that question. But, you must want to know how to recall a text message on Android. There are a couple of ways to retrieve a text which has already been delivered. If you are using an Android device.
You can use several techniques described in this post to recall a text on Android.
Why would you desire to recall texts on an Android device?
Text messages that have been sent but not received might happen for a variety of reasons. It makes sense that you would want to delete or unsend a message if you accidentally sent it to someone. But can you recall a text on Android?
On numerous social media sites, including Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, sent messages can be readily deleted. Nevertheless, it’s not very simple to stop sending texts from an Android.
Thus, to avoid this uncomfortable circumstance. I looked into smartphones to see whether there was a way to unsend text messages. Fortunately, I have learned several methods to deliver you from this dreadful situation.
When you text someone by mistake, what do you say?
There are a few options available to you if you mistakenly text someone. If you intended to text someone else, you can apologize and say so. Attempting to remove the text before the other individual sees it is another option. You can apologize and explain if the other individual has viewed the text.
Can you recall a text message on Android?
It is upsetting. But once a message has been sent, it cannot be retrieved. The unsend option for Gmail is unique to Google. But SMS/MMS and text messaging in Android or iPhone don’t have this feature. These devices have only a one-way messaging service.
Once you submit the text, it will be received and can be read by someone else. So, you have to be careful before sending your message. Luckily, there are certain less-than-ideal solutions to this issue. You should select as soon as an SMS-by-mistake situation occurs. If you’re still wondering whether you can recall a text on an Android device, the answer is yes. Even after an Android phone message has been delivered, there are various ways to call it back.
How to recall a deleted text message on Android?
You cannot immediately un-send it after sending a message, as we have already stated. But, there are a few tips that we’ll cover in this article. The following are potential methods for Android unsend text.
Method 1: Set your Android device on Aeroplane mode
Knowing how text messaging functions. You are undoubtedly aware that your phone uses your cellular network to transmit and receive messages. Only when you are linked to a network can you send messages?
That means that you can have your message recalled if you deactivate your phone before it has finished sending. The steps below demonstrate how to do this very simply.
- Check to see whether the message has not yet left your device.
- Tap the Airplane mode selection by pulling down from the top of your device.
Your phone won’t be able to contact your carrier after the mode has been activated. This will prevent your text message from being sent. A potential exists that your phone will attempt to transmit the message again the next time you connect to your carrier, so be careful to delete it.
Method 2: Upon Sending, Cancel Message
If you’ve ever used an Android device then you must be aware of how to unsend a text message android. So here I will share some steps which you should follow to solve this issue.
- On your Android device’s home screen, look for the stock messaging app icon and press it.
- You will then view the text threads that have with other individuals inside the messaging app.
- Tap the one you want from the list.
- While you’re in the message thread, fill up the message field with your message.
- Press the Send button after finishing your message.
- A message letting you know that message is still being sent to that individual will then appear on your phone.
Cancel to recall text message android
- Tap and hold on to the message you want to recall while it’s still Sending.
- Once that happens, a menu asking you to choose the message action you want to do will display.
- If you want to take back the SMS message, choose Unsend, or Delete for Everyone. (depending on which feature is displayed).
- The message will be removed from the conversation thread if the action is successful. So you’ll know whether it was successful.
Method 3: Using a Different Messaging App to Recall a Text Message
Currently, sending messages to loved ones is not limited to text messaging. You can select one that enables message recall from among the different alternate messaging apps that are readily available.
Just make sure the recipient of the text message utilizes the same messaging service as you.
- By pressing it, you can start your current messaging program.
- I’ll use Facebook Messenger as an example. Within the messaging platform, tap a chat thread once to choose it.
- Fill out the message field with the message you wish to send the recipient.
- Once you’ve finished typing, tap the “Send” button.
- Touch the message you’re sending and hold it there until a menu appears.
- Choose “Unsend” or “Remove for you” from the options. Press Unsend if you want to entirely undo the text message you sent without the recipient seeing it.
- Press “Delete” after that.
- When you successfully unsend the message, an indicator message will appear.
Method 4: Remove the battery from the phone or turn off your Android
To use this approach, you must either remove the battery from your phone. Or immediately turn it off by hitting the power button. You might stop the message from being sent if you can do any of these tasks promptly. Turn on your phone now to see if the technique was successful. To check your account balance, read your most recent message, or even see call data.
Yet, before the communication is sent to a different person, this process calls for extremely quick actions. You have around 5 seconds to respond after tapping the Send button; if you don’t, it won’t work. These are the various approaches to how to recall a text message on Android. I hope one of these approaches must be working for you.
Will the recipient be capable of reading unsend text message android?
You can recall texts sent from either side if you’re using the same alternate messaging program. Simply, long-press the message and select Unsend. The receiver won’t be able to read it. Because this message is an unsent tag, which you and they both will see.
How to recall a text message on Samsung galaxy
Due to Samsung Messages’ recall feature, which other Android devices lack. Sending text messages on a Samsung phone could be done in a variety of various ways.
- For that, simply hit Recall and then Delete after long-pressing the message you wish to remember.
- Messages can be recalled before they are sent if you are using a regular SMS or MMS messaging platform. The message is sent from your phone to the recipient’s phone. Where it is received and added to their history of messages.
- On your Samsung phone, you can also use third-party apps to recover sent messages. Like Snapchat, Signal, Telegram, WhatsApp, and many others.
- To prevent text messages from being sent, it is therefore best to try some alternative chatting apps.
How to recall a text message on iPhone 13
As I above briefly describe how to recall a text message on Android, now I will tell you how you can recall a text on iPhone.
Users are now able to delete iMessages from the Messages app thanks to a recent iOS upgrade. But, you only have a brief window of time of up to two minutes. During which to take action after sending a recent message. To learn how to delete an iMessage, keep in mind the following. IPhones running iOS 16 and later, and iPads running iPadOS 16, are the only devices that may use this function.
Make sure your device has the most recent operating system first. You’re OK to go if you’re using iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or Ventura.
On an iPad or iPhone, follow these steps to cancel a text message:
- Launch the messaging app.
- Locate the conversation that the message you would like to retract is in.
- A message can be deleted simply by tapping and holding it.
- Decide to Undo Send from the pop-up menu.
- A notice indicating that you unsend the message will be visible to both you and the receiver.
So, you can unsend text by using this approach. I hope this article will provide you with a lot of information you must know.
In conclusion, if you send a text to the wrong person, but don’t know how to recall a text message on Android? Don’t freak out if you accidentally sent a text message. Simply use one of the approaches mentioned above to retrieve it from your Android handset.
There are techniques to message recall on Android in addition to iPhone. So, you can adopt any of the techniques which work for you. this is your choice of which technique you use to recall text messages on Andriod.
CodeIncept is a WordPress Web Design and Development company. Our Major services include WordPress Website Customization, WordPress Theme Development, WordPress Plugin Development, Custom Web Development, Web Design & Development, API Integration, and more. Feel free to get in touch with us.